San Diego Resources
For Single Parents…
San Diego Attractions:
MCCS Camp Pendleton
Solana Beach Presbyterian Church divorce care class
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego
San Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
SeaWorld San Diego
SEA LIFE Aquarium (Next to LEGOLAND)
San Diego Air & Space Museum 3D/4D Theater
UCSD Birch Aquarium
Tour the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier
Visit Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
Have Lunch, Dinner or simply Stroll the Gaslamp Quarter
Qualcomm Stadium: San Diego Chargers and the San Diego State Aztecs
PETCO Park: San Diego Padres & Concerts
Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
San Diego Automotive Museum
San Diego Air & Space Museum
San Diego Natural History Museum
Children’s Tide Pool in La Jolla
Old Town San Diego
Creative Activities to Spark your Imagination
- Have a picnic.
- Watch the sunset.
- Travel to a county park or hilltop early & watch the sunrise.
- Read a chapter book aloud to your kids.
- Go to an amusement park and ride all the thrill rides!
- Go fishing – a lot of piers and inland waterways here.
- Sit outside and sip iced tea.
- Make fresh lemonade.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Camp out in a tent.
- Take pictures of the kids having fun!
- Eat watermelon outside, and let the juice run all over the place!
- Walk in the grass barefoot.
- Paint your toenails.
- Visit the Tide Pools & Collect seashells; save them with some sand in a decorative bowl.
- Sleep in at least once; have breakfast in bed.
- Find a strawberry stand and have a strawberry shortcake dinner.
- Get someone else to take your picture with the kids, smiling and having fun.
- Go walking on the sand at our great San Diego beaches.